Quote for the day...

What art offers is space...a certain breathing room for the spirit. ~John Updike

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Adventures with Tyvek







I have been playing with painting on Tyvek this weekend. If I understand it correctly, this is basically the same as Yupo, but I already had this on hand from some old office envelopes. I painted on this panel with Derwent Inktense blocks and randomly dropped alcohol on it while the paint/ink was still wet. I also dropped some large chunks of sea salt in random spots. When it was dry, it looked a bit dull. After looking around my art room for something I could use to give it some shine, I found an old bottle of Beacon's Liquid Laminate, so I brushed some on. I quite like the effect and would like to do a larger piece now that I know the look that can be achieved.


No comments: