Quote for the day...

What art offers is space...a certain breathing room for the spirit. ~John Updike

Monday, May 26, 2014

An attempt at sketching...

My son can draw just about anything. He is amazingly talented and I have always wished I could master it or at least be good enough at it to use some in my art. It has always scared me in the past, but I have decided it is something I want to get better at. There are some amazing youtube videos out there that teach the concept of drawing faces, which is the first thing I would like to learn. This is an attempt I made this morning. I do not have good paper (this was a notepad) or a good pencil & eraser, but I was happy with how it turned out.



This one was harder. Trying to somewhat match the size of the eye socket and pupil was a challenge I didn't quite achieve. 



No comments: